You will be required to stand two metres away and confirm the following questions about your health:
- Symptoms of Covid-19 – have you had it, been tested for it, and had results of the test?
- Shielding – are you in a household of family members that are in the enhanced risk health categories?
- Any health issues which may impact your ability to drive?
- Do you have a continuous cough?
- Do you have a fever or high temperature?
- You will be required to wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20-seconds before leaving the house and entering the car and you should wash your hands after your lesson
- You can wear gloves, (but these should be put on just before you enter the vehicle and the instructor must see you put them on). However general advice is that good hand hygiene is better than gloves, which provide a false sense of security
- You must wear a mask or face covering, unless you have a genuine health reason why you cannot
- You will need to sanitise your hands again when entering the vehicle (you can use your own or we will supply)
- All items, such as mobile phones and house keys will have to stay on you and not left on the dashboard or put into door pockets.
- Any bags you bring, for onward journey must go in the boot.
- Driving lessons can only be delivered in the driving school car (this may be the same for driving tests, but the DVSA has not confirmed this)
If you or anyone you are living with have any Symptoms you MUST cancel your driving lesson before your lesson start time.
- Once cancelled you will not be able to restart your lessons until you have been tested negative, or follow the Government isolation recommendations (this is the same for the instructor).
6. Pupils responsibility before each lesson